This white cupcake from RecipeGirl is so delicious and versatile (can also be used for a cake). This is not a from scratch recipe, but that does not change the fact that these create a delicious, perfectly moist cupcake!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 18 min
Servings: 36 cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix (Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines, etc.)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans (you’ll need approx. 36).
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, flour, sugar and salt. Add remaining ingredients and beat with hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until well blended.
- Use ice cream scoop to fill prepared cupcake tins- fill about 3/4 full. Bake about 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.