This is a basic white chocolate ganache recipe that works great a coat under fondant. Whereas the ratio for chocolate ganache is 2:1 the ratio for white chocolate is 3:1.
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 300g white chocolate
- Chop the white chocolate as much as possible (this will speed up the melting time and allow for more uniform melting)
- Mix the cream and the chocolate together in a microwavable safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for one minute.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave, and gently stir just a bit.
- Put back in the micro for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Stir with a spatula
- Let it sit before applying to cake (the consistency should be similar to peanut butter)
- You can also refrigerate it over night and then bring it back to room temp when needed, or soften in the micro on defrost for 30 second intervals until fully melted again.
Check out this tutorial by Lovebites on how to cover a cake with ganache.